View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 8:17 pm

Encore .45 cal ? 
Post Encore .45 cal ?
I shoot tc shockwaves in my encore, 200 grain. these bullets are extremely hard to get down the barrel. I also have tryed powerbelts, but the shockwaves are alot more accurate. the encore slings the powerbelts. does anyone have any suggestions that would make the shockwaves go in easier or do you have a bullet suggestion

thanks for any help

Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:31 pm
Jake

I went through the same problems with the powerbelts and went to Knight Red Hot bullets, and they too shot much better, but were hard to get down the barrel. To cure this I put bore butter on them, not much, just enough to leave a very fine film, works great.

Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:55 pm
Boss Gobbler

I shoot Shockwaves also, they are tight going down. I feel this is why I get such great accuracy from my setup.

I run a "spit patch" with a little bit of T/C #13 on the patch after each shot.

I have also used Militec-1 on the inside of the barrel and on my breech plug. Militec is a dry lube that adheres to the metal. This helps with cleaning, making the gun a breeze to clean. It also helps IMO with loading the tight fitting sabot of the shockwave.

Another option is to go with the Hornday SST. It is the same bullet as the shockwave with the exception of the yellow tip and the sabot. The Hornday has a smaller sabot. This is better on some guns not so good on others. If the Shockwave is tight the SST might be a bit looser. Some Wal-Marts carry them as does Dick's. They are also a bit cheaper.

P.S. Militec-1 is here..... http://www.militec-1.com/

If you decide to order some, follow their directions on "curing" your gun. Or pm me.

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:08 am
Profile WWW