View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 2:05 pm

Human Urine Effects On DEER 
Post Human Urine Effects On DEER
Hey everyone I just wondered about this topic and I wanted to see your views on it because in the past I have had different opinions about it. Does human urine have effects on deer? I just wanted you guys opinion.

Jerry

Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:58 am
Longbeard

Post A study in Michigan
Many years ago, there was an outdoor personality that took on one of the doe urine product manufactures. He basically took them on for false adverting, as he visited their facilities, and found for the product they were distributing, there was no way his animals could produce the amount of product. Ever since then I have been totally skeptical about them, and have not bought them.

So to answer your question . This outdoor personality performed a study. He took a Gallon of their product, Gallon of Human urine, and some fox urine and deposited it in several locations on a park. He found that the bucks were more attracted to the human urine than the other two products. Now we can argue about the how scientific it was, but the distributor sued the outdoor person for airing the segment on his research. Bottom line his study held up and the distributor lost.

So I would think after see that is that it can only help.

Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:42 pm
2 Year Old

I look at a lot of forums on building trail cameras and there is a guy that makes his own scrapes and pees in them himself. He actually gets some great buck pictures doing this. He somtimes adds a small bit of amonia in the scrape with his urine. He claims that deer know what a human smells like but cant tell the urine in a scrape is human pee. He says the deer just treats it like a scrape. Ive never tried this, maybe in the off season. But I always try to keep the woods scent free.

Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:30 pm
King of Spring

I think its a curiosity thing that makes bucks smell the human urine. They really don't conect the smell of human urine to the human. The urine does not smell like the people that walk in the woods it smells like urine. How many of you all have bought a bottle of deer pee and opened the top and took a whiff, just about everybody has done this at least once, CURIOSITY :lol: :lol: :lol: Same with the buck. I don't think its a atractant, but I don't think it really scares them either.

Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:24 pm
King of Spring

Just my 1 1/2 cents here, but a deer's sense of smell is its primary defensive mechanism. Why would you want to risk the chance of getting busted if you can hold it until you get back to the truck. I try to stay as scent free as possible. The odds are so stacked in the deers favor that I try not to give the deer any more help!

Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:14 pm
Profile YIM
King of Spring

Doesn't all urine begin breaking down into amonia almost immediately, so aside from hormones picked up when urine runs over glands, I would think it all probably smells similar.

Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:51 pm
Profile WWW