View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 8:17 pm

Hey Guys, I have a couple ofquestion 
King of Spring

Post Hey Guys, I have a couple ofquestion
I have often noticed while watching different hunting show on the tube that there are occasion when you will see deer and turkey mingling together. Maybe it's me but when I see this both turkey and deer seem to be extremely relaxed. So with that I have a question to ask,

1. Have any of yall ever used a deer decoy while turkey hunting or a turkey decoy while deer hunting.
2. Is it legal to do so.

I thinking if it is I may try it and place 2-3 hens out this year in the mountain. Good idea or Bad. All comments are welcome.

Good to be over the flu :)
Tim

Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:56 am
Boss Gobbler

Post Re: Hey Guys, I have a couple ofquestion
I have noticed the same with real deer and real turkeys... however, deer seem to pick up on the decoys much easier than turkeys for whatever reason. I've had deer get really nervous in the spring when they've seen decoys out. I don't think I would personally try it, but that's just me.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:11 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Post Re: Hey Guys, I have a couple ofquestion
In the treeline, I have noticed deer avoiding very large flocks due to the amount of noise that they make.

For deer hunting, I would not bother putting out decoys, especially of turkey. If they are already alert to some danger, I don't think it would placate them. If they are not skiddy, I don't see the advantage. Probably just putting extra smell out there for them to alert to.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:09 pm
Profile WWW