View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 2:59 pm

New Mzl Settup 
King of Spring

Post New Mzl Settup
Well guys I'm stoked. I finally got my new mzl set up complete today. For several years I've been hunting with an old traditions inline that has cost me at least one deer per year when the bolt wouldn't set coming off of safe. I've had my eye on the Omega since it came out a few years ago, but was glad I held out when I saw the thumbhole model last year. A month ago I ordered one with the laminated stock, stainless fluted barrel. It came in Monday. Today I got a silver Nikon Monarch 3x9x40 set up on it and it looks sweet. I'm going out in the morning to sight it in. It's the first gun I've bought in five years and pretty excited about it.

Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:58 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

I have had a TC Omega for a couple years now. I love the weapon. It is very accurate for a ML. I use it for ML and shotgun season. I shoot heavy charges out of mine since I set it up for elk hunting. I use a 350 Maxi hunter with 100 grains of 777. Stops a deer in its tracks. Only problem I have had is keeping the breach plug clean. I talked to one guy and he said use Federal 209 primers and that won't be a problem. It is easy to clean but sometimes I can't see through it and have to flush it out. I used it for elk one year, hunted on the mountain for 9 days straight and never fired it. WE had rain, snow and just about everything else. On day 10 I put a primer in the breach and dropped the hammer. Fired like day one. It is a good system. Hope you enjoy it.

Vic

Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:11 pm
Post omega
Vic
try this site www.prbullet.com these folks have a tremendous amount of working knowledge re muzzloaders. in particular, read about their work regarding 209 primers. check out their system that replaces the 209 primere and why. I think you will be impressed. double d

Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:21 pm
King of Spring

I shot it over the weekend and was very pleased....the bore sight put it very close to on the money so it needed very little adjustment. I'm shooting 150 gr of tripple 7 and 250 gr shockwave. It was very consistent to 200 yds and I didn't try past that.

Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:14 pm
Profile WWW