View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:08 pm

IL video log.. I won't call it a Highlight 
King of Spring

Post IL video log.. I won't call it a Highlight
It was more of a Lowlight.. although I did have a great hunt and can't say I didn't have my chance at a bruiser..

I got decent video of the buck I waited for and passed some other really nice bucks to get a chance at.. but he still walks.. I blew it.. call it buck fever whatever .. I waited for a better shot because of rain and I knew there wouldn't be a blood trail and the fact there was a doe right there.. I didn't think he would leave without her but he fooled me and walked out of my life without even slinging an arrow his way..in hindsight I should have been in kill mode instead of trying to video and kill :(

Enjoy

https://youtu.be/laoqS3_-bgE

Take me Home Country Roads.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:46 pm
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

Post Re: IL video log.. I won't call it a Highlight
Oh well second guessing yourself is part of hunting I guess....that was a series of nice bucks there in the video, thats for sure. I know you would rather have the last one on the wall as opposed to on the film, but he's still there and maybe next year you will get back out there and get serious about the arrow release part. Old football coach of mine says everybody burns the biscuits once in a while.....

Did that big buck at the end have a split brow tine? Thought maybe I saw that although it happened quick as he turned his head.

"even after almost a half-century of hunting of the noblest game bird I am going to confess that I am still in the kindergarten; and I doubt if any human being ever acquires a complete education in this high art."
- Archibald Rutledge

Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:37 pm
King of Spring

Gobblenow wrote:
Oh well second guessing yourself is part of hunting I guess....that was a series of nice bucks there in the video, thats for sure. I know you would rather have the last one on the wall as opposed to on the film, but he's still there and maybe next year you will get back out there and get serious about the arrow release part. Old football coach of mine says everybody burns the biscuits once in a while.....

Did that big buck at the end have a split brow tine? Thought maybe I saw that although it happened quick as he turned his head.

He sure did.. made him an 11 point.. he is the biggest my Buddy Jeff has on Trail Camera so far this season.. although I saw another 150 class buck and I don't think it was this one and no pictures of that we know of.. and sometimes a surprise buck just shows up.. they have killed a few 170 class bucks off his property in the last 5 years or so .. and one Giant 160 class 8 point ..

Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:47 pm
King of Spring

Randy, that video I would call a great future light. I can see why 160, 170 class deer have been taken off that property. I wish we could see thier teeth to age them but they all looked like young deer belly, nose etc wise. Give them bucks 2-4 more years and they will be 160 or better.

I am sure there was a bruiser around but those deer actions looked like the rut was maybe not there yet and the big boys were still laying low.

I also respect you for the fact that you did not shoot because of the rain and needed a better shot under those conditions. I wish many others would have the same respect and ethics as you.

Earl

Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:01 am
King of Spring

Bummer, but it happens. Nice deer there. Almost looked like a farm for deer. GG is right, lots of good genes there. A couple of those youngins are going to be whoopers if given a chance. Those 2 year olds looked like they would weigh almost 200 lbs. Big bodied dudes. Was this a guided hunt or friends?

I am leaving for WV on Wednesday. Hope to get a little time in the woods. Though I am hanging some drywall too. Ahhh.

Vic

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:22 am
King of Spring

Vic wrote:
Bummer, but it happens. Nice deer there. Almost looked like a farm for deer. GG is right, lots of good genes there. A couple of those youngins are going to be whoopers if given a chance. Those 2 year olds looked like they would weigh almost 200 lbs. Big bodied dudes. Was this a guided hunt or friends?

I am leaving for WV on Wednesday. Hope to get a little time in the woods. Though I am hanging some drywall too. Ahhh.

Vic

Not Guided.. My Buddy Jeff and two of his friends went in together and bought some land that they used to Lease from the descendants after the landowner died about 7 years ago. They work hard in the spring and summer planting food and tweaking stand locations, and pass a lot of young deer as you can tell. I'm getting better at it after hunting there the last two years, but not as easy on this WV boy as it is for those mid-western guys that see big deer all the time :)

Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:51 am