View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:03 pm

Optics? 
King of Spring

Post Optics?
I am looking for a nice pair of binoculars. I have a small pair from Bass Pro already, but they are limited. I am wanting something to take in the woods around my neck, yet something that won't kill my neck! I certainly can't afford Swariofski's or anything close. How do I know what power to get? I see these 8X24, 10X32 etc. What should I be looking for? I hunt flatland most of the time, or in the low hills (right Freddy :lol: ). Can someone give me a little education on this subject?

"Turkey hunting, when you knock all the feathers off it, is a game of infinite variables, played on a field of unlimited dimension, against an opponent who doesn't know the rules and wouldn't play by them if he did." ...Jim Spencer

Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:40 am
i bought a a set of nikon team realtree 10x25 binos and nikon pro-staff 440 rangefinder and was very pleased with both this season,well worth the money

Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:27 pm
King of Spring

I was in the very same position as you last year at this time. I stopped by Gander Mountain, checked them all out and finally decided on the Bushnell Legends in the 8X32 power!! The glass clarity was great and rivaled the more expensive European glass!! At a cost of $269.00 plus tax these are some very impressive binoc's!! Weight wise these are awesome as well!! Be sure to check these out before you plop down your hard earned cash!! Two thumbs up from me!!! :wink:

Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:07 pm
King of Spring

Thanks Maytom, I will certainly take a look. Most of the lower priced Binoculars are in blister pack and you can't even try them out. That is a frustration to me. Why did you decide on 8X32 over say a 10X32?

"Turkey hunting, when you knock all the feathers off it, is a game of infinite variables, played on a field of unlimited dimension, against an opponent who doesn't know the rules and wouldn't play by them if he did." ...Jim Spencer

Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:01 am
I went with the 8X32's because I was mainly looking for woods glasses, and the 8X seemed to suit me more. I was always looking for a lighter and better pair than what I had for Bowhunting deer and spring turkey. If I remember right, the 8X32's were lighter than the 10X32's as well.

Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:51 pm