View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 1:57 am

Turkey Fryers 
King of Spring

Post Turkey Fryers
After last years picnic i decided to get me a turkey fryer. I fried the turkey for thanksgiving and it turned out good but not as good as the picnic. I think Hody cooked the one there and was wondering if he injected with anything? Does anyone else have any suggestions and what else can you deep fry?

Doug

Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:57 pm
Boss Gobbler

Yep I injected it with a butter garlic blend. I have tried a lot of them and this is the best. It is from King Kooker and you can find it on the web. I have also finally figured out how to do the breasts. I have the smaller wing pot with the basket. Slice the breast in strips and use some sort of a flour mixture then cook them that way. If you have some good BBQ sauce to use as dip they are even better. Ask TScott, Dale, Freddy,Max, and longbeard magnet how good this was.

Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:50 am
King of Spring

Post Awesom
Hody is the KING of deep frying most anything. Incredible deep fried bird and deer tenderloin.

Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:23 am
Profile YIM
Boss Gobbler

We all ate WAY too much that day! The turkey nuggets are the way to go though with a little stickyfingers BBQ sauce... man-oh-man! :P

Hody knows how to run one of those things for sure!

Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:27 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Hody, I've been frying turkey a couple of years and want to fry some venison. How have you been doing it? Thanks in advance.

Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:39 pm
All I can say is that Hody is the man when it comes to frying up those birds!!

Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:53 pm
Boss Gobbler

Bird Dog no real recipe for tenderloin. Tried it for the first time that day. Drop in a loin and let it cook a few minutes pull it out and cut it to test. If the meat is sliced it wont take but a minute or two. Dont over cook it. Just experiment and you will figure it out. I can honestly say that cooking the breasts the way I did in strips was the way to go, the cook faster and get done without being over done.

Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:08 am
King of Spring

I am with Hody, that Garlic Butter is the way to go. My wife tried making her own and injecting it. It was not quite as good as the King Kooker that came with our rig.

"Turkey hunting, when you knock all the feathers off it, is a game of infinite variables, played on a field of unlimited dimension, against an opponent who doesn't know the rules and wouldn't play by them if he did." ...Jim Spencer

Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:54 pm
Boss Gobbler

The "Hody Nuggets" are awesome!!! That man can cook. If you make some you have to dip them in some Sticky Fingers sauce....

http://www.shopstickyfingers.com/index. ... &ProdID=17

Hungry thinking about it. He also fried up some deer tenderloin marinated in the original Sticky Finger sauce and it was delicious!

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:23 am
Profile WWW