View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:27 am

MD Opening Day Resaults 
2 Year Old

Post MD Opening Day Resaults
Well in short I didn't get anything
But I had an Awesome Morn. !!!!!
Just before day light and about 400 yards from my set-up I had 4 gobblers on the roost that were on fire!!!!! Here at the farm it is mostly open fields and thats all that I had between me and them, so I decided to stay put and try my luck at either calling them over to my dekes or try to see where they headed and try and cut'um off
I waited until they hit the ground and I lit'um up with cuts and cackles, they went nuts but they were with hens and would not leave them so I decided about 7:00 am to try and make a move on them and cut them off, but un-beknown to me I had a Gobbler close'n the distance and only 100 yards away. When I stood up to move he caught me and the jig was up
I glassed the field really good before I moved but had forgot about the shallow depression in front of me and when I stood he was in full view and I assume so was I
I hunted a different area of the farm from 8:00am until noon today and I called in a bird but it was a lone hen.
Tomorrow morn. I am hunt'n another farm instead of going down to the shore, so I am hopeful to have some action over there !!
I would hunt the area where I saw the 4 Gobblers go to but my hunt'n buddy has not ever taken a bird and he has off Friday morn.
But like I told him, if he don't show by 5:00am sharp, I will be sit'n in that spot

O-well this is only the first day so I am still pumped because "I Know" where I will be friday morn. if my hunt'n buddy don't show up :wink: :lol:

Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:13 pm
Profile WWW
2 Year Old

Well I am glad to hear these Birds all fired up !
But I can't seem to draw their attention.
This morn. I went to a different spot and had 3 Birds Gobble'n from 3 different directions.
They were all 2 - 300 yards from my location so I just sat there and let the morning un-fold.
These guys Gobbled from the crack of day until about 10:30
It was like being in the Bermuda Triangle :shock:
The bird to my left and the one to my right both decided at the same time to make a move toward what I thought was my calling but instead they headed for the bird that was out in front of me.
All I could do was sit back and listen to this wonderful music because I had no cover between me and them. Dang Field Turkeys :x :lol:
Again I had a Great Day !!
I would like to see my buddy Randy kill his first Bird tomorrow but if he dosen't show up, I know where I'll be :wink:

Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:35 pm
Profile WWW