View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:46 am

mouth calls 
Longbeard

Post mouth calls
Anybody tried the Double Stack calls from Primos?

Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:55 am
My hunting buddy tried one. Said that was the best sounding diaph. call he'd ever used.
GS...

Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:03 pm
King of Spring

I never have been able to make those dang things to work! Not enough teeth to help me channel the air across the diaphram!

"Turkey hunting, when you knock all the feathers off it, is a game of infinite variables, played on a field of unlimited dimension, against an opponent who doesn't know the rules and wouldn't play by them if he did." ...Jim Spencer

Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:45 pm
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

I use them all the time; plus I use the triple stack too, and have for a long time...those are really the only mouth calls I have much confidence itn , to tell the truth...course that triple is about like having a breakfast biscuit in your mouth sometimes.... True Double and True Triple are the names of them, and in the "beginning" you had to order the true triple as a special order from primos. I was not much on mouth calls i nthe early days, but later I learned on these, so to speak, and once you get used to something sometimes it is hard to change.

Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:07 am
2 Year Old

yeah i have one of the the 2 frame primos calls, it sounds good, but feels kinda thick in your mouth, and hard to get used to. i know the primos guys sound pretty good, but i never had much luck with their calls.

Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:29 pm
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

interestimg how people from opinions about calls and brand of calls...I use pretty much only Primos stacked frame mouth calls, as I said, and yet others do not like them because they are "big" or for other reasons, good and bad..getting one the mouth calls to fit right inthe roof of your mouth is a critical first step in becoming good at using one...too bad no body has invented a "mouth measuring " device, like the ones they use at the shoe store to measure your feet..would save folks a lot of time and $$$$ in getting the right call in their mouth ...
Have any of you ever used the custom made molded mouth things that look like a retainer people have to wear after they have had braces on their teeth? I know somebody makes them for turkey calls?

Last edited by Gobblenow on Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:17 pm
King of Spring

I bought one last year.. and couldn't make it sound right.. too high pitched for me..

Take me Home Country Roads.

Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:27 am