View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:10 am

PA trip, day 2. 
King of Spring

Post PA trip, day 2.
Day 2 found us on another corner of the farm and we heard nothing. I years past we had heard birds there, but not this day. We slowly worked our way to the other end of the farm calling as we went. We made it to the far end near where we were the day before and heard nothing. so we decide to set up on the edge of a small glen. About a half hour in we struck a bird and it was coming. It gets very close but skirts our position. As we decide to try and do an end run around the bird I notice my gun isn't behaving as normal. I try to see what's going on I notice the trigger guard is loose. All the sudden the trigger assembly nearly pulls out of my receiver, oh no. Decided this would need to wait and did our end run to no avail. We go back to the house, its almost noon anyway. I pull the trigger assembly out and see the problem right away, the plastic on the rear of the assembly broke and the pin has nothing to hold onto. Even worse, a piece of the assembly is missing. I track down the maker of my gun and luckily, they have one trigger guard in bench stock, yeah! I order it immediately but won't have the part for several days. So my buddy has an old Remington 1100. It only takes 2.75" shells and has a modified choke, better than nothing. End day 2.
V

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Sun May 28, 2023 10:22 pm